Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities Ethnic natural hair chemist needed

• Ethnic natural hair chemist needed

Posted by Anonymous on March 8, 2016 at 5:46 am

I have been trying to start a natural hair product like for ethnic hair but have ran into a few hurdles. One thing is that when I reach out to labs they only take formulas which I don’t have. I have found only a few private label companies and now I have sample of a few products. I am looking for a chemist who can help me create formulas with this list and products to start the line. Does anyone know of any chemist that would be good for ethnic hair products? Generally how much would it cost to find the formula of a product if you have samples and a list? Thank you for any help.

oldperry replied 8 years ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • zuzuli

March 9, 2016 at 5:27 pm
    Hallo
    Did you find someone to help with the formulations,me too am looking for someone to help with ehtnic hair formula.
    Regards
  • Anonymous

March 9, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I haven’t got any solid leads yet. 

• microformulation

March 10, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Emily Bazemore ay http://www.ayaricosmetics.com

• cosdev

March 10, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Our company may be able to assist you. We currently manufacture products along these lines. Feel free to drop me an email to joey@cosdev.com and we can discuss things further

• oldperry

March 10, 2016 at 10:51 pm

You can also contact Uyi Wogherin at Universal Ideas Concepts (universalideas@yahoo.com)

• Sheldon_16

March 12, 2016 at 3:30 am

hello, Im having a similar issue, looking for chemist that can help formulate for ethnic skin care products. 

• davidw

March 13, 2016 at 12:58 pm

@bobbydigital Once you have your formulations complete how many units of each product will you produce initially?

• chemicalmatt

March 15, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Chicago is the Silicon Valley of ethnic (read: African-American) hair and skin care, in case you did not know already. I’ll second Uyi Wogherin. If you need manufacturing - or a second opinion - contact me through this blog.

• Anonymous

March 16, 2016 at 7:36 pm

I am not sure how many units I will need of each yet. Do you manufacture DavidW? What is your product minimum? 

Chemicalmatt: I was not aware of that. thank you for that information. I will try to see if I can come up with anything in the Chicago area.
    Perry and ChemicalMatt: Thank you I will try to make contact. 
    Cosdev: I went through some emails but I could never get a response with a phone call to continue forward with getting more information. 
  • Anonymous

March 16, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Does anyone know a place online to reach out to local Chicago chemists?

• oldperry

March 16, 2016 at 8:41 pm

The society of cosmetic chemists.  http://midwestscc.org

In fact, there is a free trade show coming up in April called Teamworks. Every company that is any company in the cosmetic industry in Chicago will be there.