Isododecane Usage For Non Transfer Liquid Lipstick

I'm an experienced not licensed cosmetic chemist I'm formulating a non transfer liquid lipstick for my wife as a anniversary present and need help with the amount needed for Isododecane. Typical usage to make a non transfer liquid makeup formulation is at 48% but its to runny/oily any advice on the usage level?

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Leave the isododecane level where it is - that's where is should be. Reduce non-volatile oils, increase waxes. 

To my knowledge, no country or organization licenses cosmetic chemists. Where do you live?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • You need to add trimethylsiloxysilicate.
  • Bobzchemist 

Thank you and  for the advice I'm from the US and If you would of read my post correctly you would of saw that I said "I'm an experienced NOT LICENSED cosmetic chemist"
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Exactly BobZ's point ... there is no such thing as a "Licensed Cosmetic Chemist"

You can be a degreed Chemist or a Chemist that graduated from a Cosmetic Chemistry program, or even a non-degreed person who learned from on-the-job experience.  But, there are no licensing certification bodies for cosmetic chemists that I am aware of.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    @MHyman - As far as I can tell, it's not just the US, no one anywhere on the planet is a licensed cosmetic chemist. I was just curious about where you got the idea that a license for a cosmetic chemist exists.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I am a Cosmetic Chemist and I have a drivers license. Does that count?

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • @Microformulation I don't think he understands that were classifying Cosmetic in a category and not a licensed title. A Chemist can specialize in anything. Under the study of Chemistry we are saying we specialize in Cosmetics.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I knew what he was saying. Do I need to get the sarcasm sign like on Big Bang Theory?
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.