Esters

kotkot Member, PCF student
Hi, what can be used to thicken esters like Coco-caprylate,Ethylhexyl Palmitate ?
Thank you

:x

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    There are several hundred different chemicals/mixtures that could be used. Why do you want to thicken esters?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • kotkot Member, PCF student
    Hi Robert, i want to make a translucent serum and need to thicken it with something.
    What is the easy-to-find option would be?
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    As Robert said there are many options, adding to that if you want to thicken octyldodecanol then Ethocel is one of the best options. I have had few tutorials from Dow over this.
    Thank you Chemist77, i actually thought about Ethocel, but wasn't sure!
    What has Daw says regarding using Ethocels in hair serums?
    ah, found answer to my question- "...ETHOCEL™ Thickeners are offering new options for thickening and formulating with oils delivering an enhanced consumer experience. Its film forming properties also allow longer-lasting benefits versus a simple oil blend allowing to make the most of the oil properties. This hair serum with ETHOCEL™ absorbs instantly and is designed for dry or damaged hair for a sleek finish and ultimate nourishing.