Drying Time for Lipstain

Hi,

I was wondering what affects drying time for a lip stain?  Are there any chemical ingredients that can be added to reduce the drying time? The lip stain uses isododecane and MQ-1640.  The problem is that it takes too long to dry, because when its wet, it can smear and get rubbed off.  Any help is appreciated. 

Thank You!

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Before I can answer this, I need to know what kind of position you have. Are you a professional chemist, a home crafter, a marketing person, a reporter, or just someone who wants to know more about cosmetics?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • @Bobzchemist. I think we should make your question a mandatory question for all threads!
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I strongly agree.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.