Silver citrate as apreservative

Does anybody know why Silver citrate containing preservatives, such as Silverion are not in the list of Ecocert approved? Any particular reason?
Tagged:

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I am not sure about all that but I generally avoid them like the plague. They have issues with coverage and stability. Several years ago we tried them extensively and either had PET failures or saw long term stability issues.

There is a company in Texas, that pushed Natural (and that is all I will reveal) that used them extensively. I believe even this company has moved away from them.

There are just so many better and less reactive preservatives.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Because Silver is not a plant-based, renewable ingredient which is a criteria for ECOCert.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com