Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Hyaluronic Acid vs Sodium Hyaluronate

• Hyaluronic Acid vs Sodium Hyaluronate

Posted by JD on June 18, 2015 at 5:44 pm

What’s the Difference and where can I get Sodium Hyaluronate?
    :-*

markbroussard replied 8 years, 9 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • pma

June 18, 2015 at 7:20 pm

I’ve heard sodium hyaluronate is more stable. Hyaluronic acid almost isn’t used. There are a lot of supplies which sell sodium hyaluronate and other hyaluronic acid derivatives. 

• markbroussard

June 19, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Sodium Hyaluronate is the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid.  It is what is most commonly used in topical cosmetic products.  You can purchase sodium hyaluronate from several sources in a wide variety of molecular weights.  Just get on ulprospector.com or google Sodium Hyaluronate suppliers.

• JD

June 21, 2015 at 4:00 am

@MarkBroussard, @pma
    “Injectable fillers use hyaluronic acid to hydrate and separate the skin, holding onto water and supporting all that makes the face plump and voluptuous. Hyaluronic acid cannot be absorbed when applied topically, which is why sodium hyaluronate is around.”

Found in this link:
    http://blog.pharmacymix.com/hyaluronic-acid-vs-sodium-hyaluronate

So my question; is sodium hyaluronate the ingredient that is the smaller molecule that swells the skin topically? Because Hyaluronic acid is too large to penetrate and swell the skin. (P.s I read your link about HA penetrating dermis, Mark B).
    I’m looking for Sodium Hyaluronate not HA.
    Everything I google shows results for HA, I want Sodium Hyaluronate that swells skin topically.
    Can anyone provide a link to purchase sodium Hyaluronate?
    Thx

• markbroussard

June 21, 2015 at 7:26 pm