Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Requests / Opportunities Fragrance Development

• Fragrance Development

Posted by mezmeriseme on May 7, 2015 at 5:21 am

I am currently looking for a fragrance consultant/manufacturers in Australia & as there don’t appear to be that many here & the ones that I have been able to contact appear to be not interested in working with a startup company, are there any in this forum who are interested?  I perhaps am asking the wrong questions and if so, some guidence would be appreciated.  I am wanting a signature fragrance/ Eau De Toilette as a stand alone product, plus a functional fragrance in the same scent that can be used in toiletry products. Obviously this can be done as ‘Brut’ comes to mind. 

I have noticed that most companies here are very reluctant to work with startup companies - quantities I guess would be the issue (I thankfully have found my toiletries manufacturer) and then would the same also apply to the perfume industry?  

samf replied 8 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ozgirl

May 7, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I work for a small company in Australia and have dealt with a couple of fragrance suppliers.

Most fragrance companies will have at least a 20kg minimum per fragrance and may require part or full payment up-front for fragrances especially since you are just starting out.

Have you tried Scott Aromatics in Sydney or CPL Aromas (distrubuted by Brentagg) in Sydney.

• mezmeriseme

May 8, 2015 at 1:58 am

No. These are 2 companies that were not on my radar. Thanks, I’ll certainly be contacting them.

Thank you ozgirl
  • samf

July 11, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Try Risdon International.  They’re based in Western Sydney and will custom make a fragrance/s for you with a 1kg minimum order and free postage.