Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Label Madness

• Label Madness

Posted by belassi on March 13, 2015 at 2:51 am

You would think that having a graphic arts professional as a family member would make designing and branding a cinch, but when it is your difficult emo daughter, well … 

So I was discussing our new shampoo, which contains tea tree oil and has a distinctly herbal aroma, and a couple of weeks ago I laughingly said we should call it “In The Jungle”. 
    This has become rather pressing now, because we have a two-day expo at the end of the month and I want to be able to show the new products.
    So my daughter sent me a PDF today of the new label which actually has the “In The Jungle” name that I suggested just as a joke and my wife immediately said “Jungle? JUNGLE? Jungles are full of creepy crawlies and stuff! In the WOODS!”
    belassi replied 9 years ago 6 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • bobzchemist

March 13, 2015 at 4:00 pm

“IN the jungle” might not be exactly the image you’re looking for. Maybe “From the jungle”? Or, since it’s associated with Australia, something that evokes that sort of image instead?

• beautynerd

March 13, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Spoiler alert: 

I was going to suggest Into the Wild except that would reference a movie where the hero dies in isolation. 
    Perhaps Into the Mist… lends itself to fresh, natural imagery. For example, this Versace campaign. 

• beautynerd

March 13, 2015 at 10:49 pm

Meant to include if Into the Mist sounds too corny perhaps “hacia la neblina”.

• CosChemFan

March 13, 2015 at 11:02 pm

REFRESH

From the Jungle

or

Jungle Mist

I’m sure you could find a spin or play on those words. I can see how the jungle could be sexy and refreshing if advertised right. I see a sweaty dirty muscular man making his way through the hot shady jungle were you he encounter a beautiful woman with gorgeous hair. They lock eyes, she smiles and walks away leaving beyond a bottle of ‘In The Jungle’ with Tea Tree Oil. 

I’d be a horrible sells pitch person   

• belassi

March 14, 2015 at 4:46 am

Great suggestions! Thanks!

• Beaver

March 18, 2015 at 5:52 pm

I really love “in the jungle” name as is! What age group is your product directed at?

For me, it brings back memories of Lion King’s song :

In the jungle, the mighty jungle! the lion sleeps toniiiiiight… 

I have to try really hard to get this out of my head now. 
  • belassi

March 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm

Our customer base is 25-45 mainly middle-class females. Glad you liked the label idea!

• CosChemFan

March 19, 2015 at 5:22 am

What did you end up going with @Belassi?

• belassi

March 19, 2015 at 5:26 am

I was just having a social evening with my fellow Brits here and one of them is my printer, it seems that “In The Jungle” was the one that got printed. He also said that the label looked really really nice. I have to thank one of the forum members for suggesting the herbal aroma blend; the testers report that they love it. (You might recall my question to the forum about the aroma of Tea Tree Oil, one of my scalp-health ingredients). I should have a sample run of 100 labels tomorrow, I hope, and I need to get into the lab to make 30 or 40 shampoos for the weekend expo.

• CosChemFan

March 19, 2015 at 7:03 am

I do remember. Glad everything worked out well for you! Good luck at the expo.

• braveheart

March 21, 2015 at 1:11 am

Sorry, i missed this discussion, I have been away for a while….. But, I like the product name - In The Jungle. Brilliant!

• belassi

March 21, 2015 at 1:14 am

I have to admit, it got changed by my wife, who said that “jungle” had too many negative connotations in Mexico. So it ended up as “In The Woods” as I discovered when my friend who runs a large-format print business delivered them last night. The labels look great, though!