Welcome to the forum

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Sound like a great new product, actually. "Try new and improved Bumpkiss, now with more Bump!"

(The word you're looking for is bupkis, which is Yiddish-derived slang for "nothing at all") http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/bupkis 

I'm going to leave out the original Yiddish definition of this, because ick.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Hi everyone my name is Adepeju, a Nigerian. I studied Biochemistry at degree level.I want to explore the skincare world and create a niche for myself in the field . so Im her to learn what it takes to achieve my goal.thanks for accepting me to the forum.
  • I am a 67 years old chemical engineer. In my profesinal life I begin with paint and resin manufacturing 12 years, then I started to work for office products for 3 years, then I work for electro plating work shop 5 years and around 20 years for cosmetic and detergent chemicals inporting and distributing. Meanwhile formulation and contact manufacturing was one of our business also. I am retired but still working at my own lab mostly for formulation.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    @hasanarsan - Welcome to the forum! You sound like an all-around formulator.
  • Hello. I am Ruth from South Africa and I am a cosmetic formulator for curly and kinky hair products. I have been formulating for just over a year and I am here to learn more about cosmetic science and interact in the field of cosmetic formulating. I look forward to learning as much as possible and sharing my experiences in this forum.
    Welcome to the forum Ruth!
  • Hi everyone,
    Thanks for including me in this colossally helpful and informative community!
    I am Priya, a researcher in chemical science and technology for 5 years. Recently, I have started working in a research field that is hugely different from what I have done so far (devices and fabrication in nano scale): Making viable and effective soap formulation.
    I came across this forum and even though this isn't my expertise area, these discussions were insanely helpful. I was told in my lab to just follow a formulation that they were manufacturing for years and optimize it with one more ingredient. I was going crazy trying to find out the functions and effects of the given materials till I came here. I'd love to learn further and help you guys in any capacity if I could (Having said that, on an off chance if you have a question related to nano-fabrication, I'd be so-ooo glad to help). Have a happy day!
    :) :)
  • Greetings!

I am Al, from the Philippines.I am a Chemical Engineer by profession and I am currently working in a medium-scale Cosmetics Company here in our country. I am part in Quality Assurance and Research, Design, and Development. We produce a wide range of products from soaps, lotions, creams, facials, etc. but not for hair care and color cosmetics. I have just started learning the craft and I am very eager to deepen further my knowledge and understanding on everything about Cosmetics.

I have limited knowledge on cosmetic formulations and current cosmetics trends. However, I can possibly help with inquiries regarding scale up and processing (although theoretical and not based from actual experience).
  • Hello, I have a passion for health and discoverying what works to improve it. This has lead me as I've meet my skin care issue and my daughters over the years to do my own formulation. I look forward to being part of the discussion.
    Welcome aboard everyone! Great to have you here.

Be sure to post a new discussion or comment on one that is already going on.
  • Thank you for allowing me to be part of this forum. I am a cosmetic chemist and partner and founder of a small skin care company based in Argentina. I am trying to expand my business internationally and that implies to be always updated on cosmetic science. 
  • Hello everyone,

I am Harry from Indonesia.. Wow, it,s a great pleasure finding this helpful community. Thank you for allowing me joining the forum. I am a cosmetic chemist for about 2 years and I want to learn more about cosmetic formulating. I look forward to learning as much as possible and sharing my experiences in this forum.
  • Hi everyone!
    Good day to all of you.
    Glad to found this website. As for my education background, I'm a graduate from (Chemistry) Forensic Analysis course which is not really related to cosmetic field. Well I can say after all the basic is still "Chemistry". Almost 2 years involved in personal care and cosmetic with very limited knowledge in this field. Hopefully all of you can help me by giving advise and sharing knowledge later ^^,
  • My name is Jola from Poland. I’ve been working in the color cosmetics industry about 10 years and I would like to expand knowledge in this field. Maybe I can also help someone;). Perry thank you very much for this portal and thank you that you give me membership on this magic forum !!!

• Hello everyone, and thank you for accepting me into your group!

I'm Jim from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Born and raised in Iowa, I graduated form Iowa State University with a degree in Landscape Architecture, and moved to Florida soon after.

My adventures in cosmetic chemistry began about 10 years ago in soapmaking with a strong desire to create all-natural soap and skincare products.My relentless quest for proven, scientific information has led me to the conclusion that not all natural ingredients are safe, and not all synthetic ingredients are harmful. I'm here to learn more, and to contribute where I can.

I'm one of those people with a restless mind who is interested in many things. Aside from landscape architecture, I'm obsessed with computers (I built my last two), home remodeling, cooking & baking, perfumery, and cold-process soap-making as well as all types of bath and body products. I'm also an inventor with a patent-pending on my new product, the Dish Grappler, designed to hold down lightweight items in the dishwasher.

If I'm not home, you can probably find me at the Home Depot.

I'm a licensed Landscape Architect -- not a chemist. I just really like this stuff.
  • Hi Everyone!

I am new to formulating but have been a lab tech for about 5 years at multiple different cosmetic companies within formulation so I know a lot about the basic process. I have been regularly visiting the site for a little over a year now, but have finally decided to become a member. This site has been very insightful as I research new raw materials and begin my own formulations. Since I am so new I do not have much advice to give but I want everyone to know that even though I may not comment, your advice to others has helped my issues in the past and I am sure will help in the future. I find myself regularly jotting down notes of good advice to have for future reference.

Thank you again for all of your insight and expertise!

• Hi everyone!

Thanks for approving my request to join here yesterday in which was my birthday so I consider it as a gift from you all :) anyway, my name is Amelia, living here in the Philippines. I have a start up small business producing liquid detergents with the help of my mom who is a pharmacist however at times, if a have questions in regards with formulations, she sometimes unable to answer since she's not practicing her profession for years now. I tried to make research online however sometimes im unable to find the answers and sometimes hard to understand since I dont have any background with Chemistry. But as we slowly found out how to make Dishwashing Liquids, thats when started appreciating Chemistry, it was sooo cool. Im planning to study Chemical Engeneering hopefully this year. It was great that i found this forum, helping one another. I will definitely learn a lot from all of you! Thank you!! :blush:

• Hello everyone! 

I'm a formulator for almost 7 years of toiletries and household product here in the Philippines. after several years in this field i know i still have a lot to learn, looking forward to your advise in this site.  someday after so many product development i have done i want to be a consultant for start up company. 

again thank you for accepting me! 

• Unknown Member, PCF student
    Greetings. 

I recently enrolled in the Natural Cosmetic Formulating Course.  I am not a chemist but I have a diverse background in the ingredient and finished product manufacturing world.  I recently started my own skincare business so I am very excited to learn as much as I can from the course and to connect with my fellow experts in this forum. 

• Hey all. I feel quite honored to be accepted to this group! I am a creator of custom skin and hair care products using predominately plant-based ingredients, based in Copenhagen Denmark. My website: http://www.lisalise.com

I am entirely self taught and started my cosmetics-making journey in my teens (long before all these grey hairs started showing up). I journal some my product development and research on my blog http://www.lisaliseblog.com

I look forward to getting acquainted with everyone.
    Glad to see you're here!
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • thanks Bob!
  • Hello!

I am a hairstylist who has been searching for more knowledge on the ingredients in the products I use. I am glad to be a part of this group!
    Welcome to the group. We have a few hairstylists here.
  • Hi everyone,

My background is in other areas of applied science, but I have recently become interested in formulating cosmetics for my personal use. I am particularly interested in the efficacy of 'anti-aging' actives (such as retinol, vit C & E, Matrixyl & Matrixyl 3000, niacinamide) and how to ensure stability and penetration of these actives.
  • I am Ghanshyam sharma from india.I am a small manufacturer of liquid house hold cleaning product like hand wash dishwash white Phenyl constraints and toilet cleaner. Thanks to perry for giving useful knowlage.
  • Unknown Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi, my name is Odalys I'm from Puerto Rico and I have a BS in Chemistry and a MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences. I love doing research and learning so creating my own line of cosmetics is like the perfect match for what I love. I want to create natural cosmetics especially a skin care product for extreme dry skin like mine
  • Unknown Member
    Hello everyone!

My name is Nicolas and i am working in the cosmetic industry the last 10 years approximately in our cosmetic manufacturing family business. I have some formulating experience but unfortunately i don't have any chemical studies background except of the SCS cosmetic science distance learning which i finished it 5 years ago. This forum seems very interesting and from what i read until now it seems that there are very experienced and professional members that really help others!!
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be member of this forum!

• Unknown Member
    I'm a new start up looking for a manufacturer that could do about 1000pcs each of a seven line hair and skin care products namely Shampoo, Conditioner, Detangler, Styling Gel, Finishing Spray, Body Wash and Lotion. No formulation needed. Any suggestions?
  • eli1364eli1364 Member
    Hello everyone,please give me information about making fragrance and perfume
    thanks
  • eli1364eli1364 Member
    Hello everyone,I'm chemical engineering 
    I recently started writing my cosmetic formulas And now I am interested in perfume making I am very happy to be in this together
  • Wrishali_86Wrishali_86 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hello Everyone I am Wrishali from India and m a lecturer in Chemistry, i have done my masters in Inorganic chem and m keenly interested in Skin care formulations, spa products, and color cosmetics..  basically i m a beginner in this field but feel that there is a wide scope to explore..  i have a plan to use maximum of natural ingredients nd formulate my products.. and also use herbal extracts since there is a guarantee of their function.. this is the first forum I am joining and i hope that i learn a lot over here nd also help whatever ll b possible. 

wish u all guys a very good luck !! And thank you Perry sir for making me a part of this forum.. looking forward to participate in the discussions..
  • sarwaaldoorisarwaaldoori Member, PCF student
    hi perry and all
    i am sarwa  , one of the first follower of perry, i want to say thanks perry your enthusiasn is contagious , i am so happy to be part othis community
    my question to you and all if  i want to emabrk on having my skin care line , which one do you reommend , joining private label company or have my own lab.

• Hi,
    I'm Admiral Red Beard and I started my own small online business selling handcrafted beard care products a little over a year ago. I started out with a beard oil and a deep conditioning mask. I'm looking to add new products to my menu of products such as cleansers and conditioners and other styling type products. I'm pretty new to cosmetic chemistry and hope to learn more through this forum. I look forward to interacting with y'all.
  • Unknown Member
    Hi, I am Julie from Canada. I am University educated in microbiology, organic chemistry and human anatomy &physiology. Currently I am in the process of opening the only manufacturing plant in the north. I also do some formulations for World's Best Cream and my own line. I have recently re branded and reworking all my old formulas. It is a pleasure to be here.
    Too much education? Never heard of it.
  • Unknown Member
    Hello everybody!
    Thank you, Perry, for this great opportunity. It is an excellent place for learning and discussing about the fantastic  world of cosmetic chemistry with experts and amateurs, but everybody at the same level.
    I am a Medicinal Chemist, worked more than a decade researching and developing new generation vaccines. Nowadays I split my time between cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
    "Never too old to learn, never too young to teach"
    this question is to all  
    kindly i am looking for labelling company  with reasonable price
    very much appreciate the help

hi all

no reply is there anyone who can help

This discussion thread is for new members to introduce themselves. If you ask a question or make a comment about anything else, you will be ignored. If you have a question to ask, start a new discussion.
  • Hi Everyone, 

My name is Jas and I'm interested in Cosmetic Science. I have a B.S. In Health and Physical Education but I would like to get in to the Cosmetic field. I am here for knowledge, information, and networking. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that can give me advice on switching over to cosmetic science. I would like to work for a make-up before creating my own lip stick brand . I have been looking up schools and programs that  offer chemical engineering majors. I do not know if I should study Chemistry or Chemical engineering and/or get anther degree in business. Does anyone know about Manhattan College cosmetic program or any other school? 
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    This is an introductory thread. If you have specific questions, start a new discussion.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Hi, I'm from Indiana, USA. I had always been interested in creating my own 
    cosmetic brand. However, with my background in biology I lack the skills required for this.
    I have joined this forum in hopes to get advise on study material and hopefully also to find someone willing to work with as a partner or as an employee. 

Nice to meat you all

• Unknown Member, PCF student
    Hello,

I am a full-time language teacher and full-time mom to a young 7 year old daughter. Very busy, but have been interested in formulation as a hobby for sometime.  I took Perry's Chemistry for Cosmetologist class 2 years ago and enjoyed learning some of the foundational science and basics needed to be better at formulating, and am so excited to be a part of this course. It is my dream to formulate and start some kind of fun business venture in the future.  Right now, I just want to continue to learn and enjoy.  Good to meet all of you. 
  • ArismacArismac Member
    edited June 2016
    My name is Mac. I have been living with skin cancer courtesy of my military service for most of the last 20 years. Gradually over that time I have developed skin cream formulas that have appeared to reduce the frequency and intensity of BCC and CCC's.

I am now nearly 80yo and have the best skin tone I have had for most of my adult life. This has led to testing my formulations on family and friends. I am now being frequently asked by visitors and customers to our healthcare business to supply them my cosmetic formulations.

This is starting to cost serious money so it is time I set up as a boutique manufacturer. I have recently discovered Idebenone and Co-enzyme Q10 and have created formulations using these two antioxidants.

What I need now is some kind person who is willing to charge me money to inspect my formulas and warn me if I am on the road to harming my customers or have created a really silly formulation.  Even perhaps suggest improvements.

Thank you for reading
    Cheers
    Mac
    my name is sarwa , i have been a member of this forum since its inception .i appreciate if you would answer my question ,
    my question is in a small production company what kind of overhead mixer is required in terms of capacity spee
    what do we use high torque mixer  for what kind of products 
    thanks

@Arismac, if you'll post the formula here, we'll evaluate it for you without charge. Please start a new discussion, though.

@sarwaaldoori, I'd be happy to answer your question, but not on this discussion thread. This is for people to introduce themselves only. Please start a new discussion, hopefully with a bit more detail on your batch sizes, and we can get into this further.
  • Hi there!

My name is Alli. I have my own business as a freelance makeup artist. I recently went back to school to get my degree in Chemistry. I really hope to have my own cosmetic, and possibly skincare, line one day. I am so excited to be a part of this community!
  • Hello, I'm Collins from Nigeria, a Biochemist who aspires to learn more about cosmetic chemistry and formulations, and improve in his dishwashing liquid brands and other cosmetic brands. I look forward to be active here, learning for you all. Perry thanks for giving me this platform :)
  • Hi everyone! My name is Saiqa and my background is in banking and engineering. I've always had interest in cosmetics and most recently in formulating. I've been doing a lot of reading as and when in the past year and want to get in to this industry. I have registered to do Perry's course in order to learn more. I just can't decide which course  will be more Beneficial in the long run. The natural cosmetic  for formulating one or the standard one? 

I would eventually like to launch my own products but not sure where the demand is. 
  • :) Hello,
    I'm Violet from Korea.
    I am currently working as a chemist at cosmetics company. My background is Pharmaceutical cometology and I'm interested in all information for skin care and color cosmetics.